Kalon: Hello James, congratulations on the
completion of your music video, I have a few questions which I would like to
ask you. How have you created a brand for yourself?
James: Well, whilst designing it was
important to be consistent throughout my products. I needed to create a brand
that would be easily recognised by an audience, for example, Rizzle Kicks' logo
is very simple but also unique, allowing the brand to create this image. This
means that you would be able to take the name away and we would still know what
the brand was. They have gone to globalised recognition with their brand
being applied to things like T-shirts and other clothing, Books etc. because
the brand is well known and unique, making it stand out as it is different to
everything else. With my products I wanted to create something that people would
recognize, hence the font that i have used throughout, it is sufficient enough
for it to be recognised on the shelf without even reading what it says. As you
may have noticed, there is a guitar in my logo, which is situated on every one
of my products. The reasoning behind the guitar is that a guitar plays a big
part in the music video as it represents my shield against the rest of the
world and it has a lot of meanings to me. I decided to add this onto the
Digipak Poster and the Website to make everything within my own brand
consistent.
Kalon: How effective do you feel the
branding of your products is? This includes the Digipak Poster and the website
James: When creating my brand it was
important that I had a unique selling point, something that would make my brand
stand out from all the rest and be easily identified against other brands. Even
if the audience doesn't listen to the music, It would be good for them to
recognise what it is as soon as they see the brand.
Kalon: Is the brand shown through all three
texts?
James: I feel that the brand has heavily
and expressively been shown through all three products, the Digipak Poster, the
Website and the Music Video. I think this as both the digipak poster and the
website clearly reflect and relate to the video. I have strongly used my unique
brand throughout the video, with the guitar to represent as my shield, as seen
in the logo, as a prop on the website, and with use of it in the video.
The music video has lots of nature shots
within the background, which shows the exploration and hides a bit of a mystery
into the video. When creating my Digipak and Digipak poster it was quite
difficult and challenging to decide what colours to use and which would work
well, so I used the eyedropper tool to choose a colour that was in my music
video, the light grey colour. This helps to represent the song as a fairly
gloomy song, but at the same time quite mysterious to help keep the audience
interested..
Kalon: What would your Digipak look like
if you went ahead and made it?
James: If I made the Digipak it would
follow the general codes and conventions of some Digipak's that I looked at.
Jake Bugg and Eminem are good ones as they are very limited in colour, matching
the theme of the song, and going well with the story of the song. However the
design would be really modern in order to match the digipak poster and the
Website.
Kalon: Overall, do you think that your
brand is successful?
James: Yes, I think it is very successful.
Obviously the main fact is that it looks professional, however there is a lot
of small added touches that help add to the success of my brand. The bold, eye
catching colours help to capture my audiences attention within the Digipak
Poster and Website, and the less colourful products help add a sense of mystery
to the brand which makes the audience more intrigued. In my research I found
out that people buy Digipaks if they look more attractive, some people don't
even look at the songs on there, they just look at the digipak and buy it
depending on the presentation of it. Using lots of close ups to create a
relationship and a bond with the audience, like with the music video. The
social media icons can provide my audience with additional content, as they can
keep up to date with any on-goings through social networking.

No comments:
Post a Comment