Saturday, 20 July 2013

A2 Media Trip to YMCA The Hub Barry

On Wednesday 3rd May, our class went to Barry Island for a school trip to make a music video, we learned about how to create one and how different scenes are filmed, and then made our own, before editing them on iMovie. It was a very interesting day and I learned a lot of things that will help me towards creating my own music video in A2 next year.
We filmed everything on a green screen (A green sheet that is the background whilst recording) and then took the film to the iMacs to edit them. In order to edit the clips I used iMovie, which helped me put a realistic background into the clip instead of the green screen. We were able to time the video and the song together and bring it all together.
The song we based the video on was the theme tune to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air". Here is our finished movie;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlWVa6c5aQA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBGJDEFRsqU

I learned a lot of new techniques that I can use when creating my own video, and I also learned a lot about how some music artists create their music videos and what they use in order to create them.
It has given me a broader outlook into what actually goes into making music videos, and how long it can take to make them perfect, but also, how capable I am in order to make one.
There is a lot of different equipment that I can use when making my own music video, ranging from camera's and different angles/techniques, to software on the computer when it comes to editing, such as iMovie or Photoshop.



The special effects that we used whilst filming and editing our music video ranged from the camera, to the computer. The use of the green screen is a form of special effect as it allows us to add a background to the scene, so we took a picture of a basketball court and added it to the background when we filmed the scene on the basketball court. Other effects include Contrast and Brightness on Photoshop, Cuts etc.  It helps make the video look more realistic and it allows us to make the video look how we want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment